In. Not ‘on’.
Yesterday I posted a request for suggestions of what to do with some stamped backgrounds I had wrestled with most of the day. I couldn’t even call them work in progress, because no progress had been made. Here they are again:
Some lovely bloggers were kind enough to reply (go check their comments on Bad Ink Day and their blogs too). A common theme emerged, along the lines I had a vague picture of in my head when I started out, but had been totally unable to accomplish.
Everyone suggested ribbon or a bow, and using a base card in a colour similar to the shade of ink. Then I took further suggestions of embellishments, Anna Griffin style and making it either a wedding or sympathy card. I also liked the idea to cut it into three panels, but after a bit of head scratching and pondering over how to make each panel interesting and keep the pattern in sequence I decided to embrace this in spirit rather than literally.
Here’s the end result:
Ribbon – check. Toning background – check. Embellishments – check. Anna Griffin – check. Sympathy sentiment – check. Cut into three, not exactly, but it is divided/sectioned so ‘nearly check’.
The rose stamp is from The Ton. The embossed sentiment is made with Anna Griffin Interchangeable/Mix and Match Sentiments. Thanks guys! Might play this game again!
P.S.- the Spun Sugar pink one turned a patchy yellow overnight. Still suffering the after effects of the Wild Honey ink I guess. I have officially given up on that one…