Mojo is now behaving like the sun in Britain this week. Shines weakly for about two minutes then disappears behind angry clouds for ages. So this has been a stop-start project today. I bought this Sizzix die a long time ago for a bargain price but it is a tricky one to use, which I guess is why it was on sale! It cuts all the edges, as opposed to the other ones you can get where you decide whether to leave it in your card or cut it out. So you can’t just use it as a front for a card easily. Normally then, you would place your top cutting edge above your card fold a little, so the cutting edge has nothing to cut. But with this one many of the internal cutting lines are really close (i.e. 2mm!) to the outer line, and the nature of the pattern means this won’t work here either. Finally I decided to try just clearing the card fold with the outer cutting line but placing the fold within the 2mm gap to the inner cutting line and cut through front and back. Fingers crossed!
Literally 20+ times thought two different die cutting machines (one electric, one manual) and it looked like the cut was as good as it was going to get. I should have chosen thinner cardstock, but bearing in mind the amount of card that was going to be cut away I thought something substantial might be a smart move. It was good for the end product but after another 20 minutes snipping carefully away with scissors where it didn’t quite cut through cleanly my sanity had taken a bashing.
I decided to use acetate for a bit of extra support. With the card base being so intricate I plumped for a really simple greeting, ribbon and nothing else. Might go back and add a pearl or two though, not sure.
I like the look of these cards but not the effort involved!