These cards were made with the same products I have used for the last two posts (leaving out the technical blip one!). I just decided to change up the colour scheme a bit. The one with the little shoes was a breeze, done in literally minutes with leftover decoupage elements and a square card blank that I cut down to make the size I wanted.
This second one I believe could be called a difficult birth. We went through a lot of trauma and bad things were said. To be honest I wished my craft space had gas and air on offer. I would have happily inhaled deeply many times. I’m still not 100% happy with it (about 55%, really), but, like parenthood, you do your best and then live with the end result.
I think I am done with baby card posts for a while!
Supplies for card one: Serif CraftArtist – Louise Tiler Baby Bloom digikit; Craftwork Cards card blank
Supplies for card two: Altenew Baby Zoo stamps and dies and Dark Chocolate & Ocean Waves inks; Cuttlebug Just My Type embossing strips (from old stash)
A work colleague is having a baby soon, which means I get to make a baby card or two. Actually I will probably make about a dozen. We’re not expecting a record breaking multiple birth here, just the one new arrival, but as I love making baby cards I am going for it big time. I could be grandiose and say I am ‘exploring a theme’ or some such notion, but really I just enjoy creating them so grab any opportunity, with the fervour of a salesman on commission who has had laryngitis for the best part of a month.
Here is the first of the many. I used Altenew inks, Baby Zoo stamps and dies. The set has all sorts of sentiments you can mix and match to change things up a bit. Altenew sentiments in general seems to stamp so, so well I feel I can use them confidently straight on to my base card (although I haven’t done this here). I’m sure there will be some that don’t work well every time – that just happens with stamping – but so far I have been pretty lucky. For any card I make I usually do the risky bits first rather than leave them until the end and ruin all the effort. But with stamped sentiments, you can of course always just re-stamp until you get it right, cut it out and 3d it over the carnage you have unwittingly created.
I made what I understand is possibly called a ‘belly band’ for the sentiment. Really? Couldn’t they have come up with a nicer name than that? Belly is a word I only use under duress. Not fond of tummy either though come to that. Maybe I am just tricky customer. What other options are there? Midriff? Nope, sounds like the name of a battle.
Anyway, b-band made, some stamped animal outlines and one picked out with the additional detail. Layer onto coloured cardstock, another layer inside with a stamped sentiment ( I know no fear) et voila! Pretty quick but I am chuffed with it.
I also rustled up a gift tag made with the same coloured card and using the negative created by cutting the elephant die partially into a white tag shape. Again, a simple stamped sentiment, punched hole reinforced with a punched coloured circle and some ribbon. I would probably just use this with a plain tissue-wrapped present or maybe make a white or yellow gift bag.
Supplies: Altenew Baby Zoo stamps and dies; Altenew inks: Mango Smoothie, Peach Perfect, Ocean Waves, Jet Black; American Crafts Spring cardstock; Ribbon from Create and Craft